- IAS - Des Peres - Edward Jones
- From September 30 - October 3, 2019, DSAC will be conducting an Integrated Analyst Symposium training course in Des Peres, MO hosted by Edward Jones. Registration will close two weeks prior to the start of the class, we look forward to seeing you in Des Peres, MO.
- When Sep 30, 2019 to Oct 03, 2019 (America/Chicago / UTC-500)
- Where Des Peres, MO
- Add event to calendar iCal
The Integrated Analyst Symposium (IAS) training program is a four-day series designed to provide analysts with a basic working knowledge of structured analysis. Through the use of lectures and small group exercises, students receive instruction on Structured Analytic Techniques (SAT) to evaluate and prepare analytical assessments. The IAS curriculum begins with a course titled “The Foundations of Intelligence,” which covers basic terminology, the intelligence cycle, and the sorting of information. Participants then transition to a track focused on biases & mindsets, critical thinking, and the practical application of SATs, including:
- Key Assumptions Check
- Red Hat Analysis
- Analysis of Competing Hypotheses
- Alternative Futures
- “What If” Analysis
- Structured Brainstorming
Training concludes with an applied exercise in analysis, where students receive a sample scenario (e.g. insider threat, workplace violence, or executive security), and must identify the risk, determine the extent of the problem, analyze available data, and develop several courses of action to be briefed to leadership. By the end of the program, students will have developed a methodology to determine which of the acquired techniques best satisfies the information provided, and will manipulate the problem using several SATs to verify their findings. Students then brief their results to their leadership teams, which are composed of fellow students and instructors, and are asked to explain and defend their respective courses of action.