DSAC Membership Benefits
DSAC offers members the benefits of:
- Direct engagement with FBI and DHS professionals
- Ongoing access to a network of diverse security experts at the highest levels of the private sector
- Tailored intelligence and security information from the FBI, DHS, and other federal agencies
- Local, regional, and national security information exchanges and symposia
- Training events and continuing education
- Access to a secure, member-only information portal
Membership Application Process
Once submitted, DSAC applications go through a three-step process:
- The DSAC Program Office reviews applications to ensure all member requirements are met.
- The local FBI Field Office Private Sector Coordinator reviews the application and provides a recommendation for the company to gain membership. If a relationship with the company has not yet been established, the Program Office and Field Office may request a meeting prior to further review of the application.
- The DSAC Membership and Engagement Committee (MEC) members individually review the application and recommendation, submit a preliminary vote, and then meet to discuss and cast a final vote.*
*The 2024 voting sessions are scheduled for February, May, August, and November.
DSAC Member Success Stories
“Leveraging our DSAC contact for help in dealing with a serious threat situation in Colorado where we were getting zero local Law Enforcement help was without a doubt, a success story. Our new Best Practice is to run info by him sooner.”
-Director of Asset Protection, Big Lots, Inc.
“The local FBI Outreach Coordinator assisted in connecting me with agents from the Behavioral Threat Analysis Center to present at an internal security conference.”
-Head of NA Corporate Security Services, BASF
“We had an employee get kidnapped in Haiti. My private sector liaison with the Phoenix field office immediately began assisting and coordinating with the local team and Miami field office. Ultimately our employee was released and returned home safely.”
--Director of Corporate Security, Republic Services
“Participation in the DSAC program provides increased credibility to my role as CSO and provides me with contacts and information that I can appropriately leverage to advance the security agenda for my company.”
--Chief Security Officer, AEO, Inc.
“FBI reporting and DSAC briefings have enabled our Corporate Security team to educate the workforce of risks to personnel, information, and facilities. This has led to more security conscience culture throughout the organization.”
--Chief Security Officer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
“Participation and active engagement with DSAC has afforded us with exceptional contacts and support from the Bureau and DHS. The DSEA and Graduate Academies and training provided by DSAC have also been excellent.”
-Chief Security Officer, News Corp
“The DSAC liaison FBI rep helps me get more support from senior management with his visits and briefings at our HQ.”
-Chief Security Officer, Weston Solutions, Inc.